Dyno power run is a process which your ride is pushed to the red line of the RPM at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) on a dynamometer to determine your horsepower, torque and other information about your car’s performance. WOT Performance uses Dynapack Dynamometer from the US, it is the top 3 choices of chassis dynamometer in the states and in Japan, it measures from your wheel hub taking away zero wheel spin is their key advantage over roller dynos. The process takes about an hour and it reveals the following insights about your car:
- Wheel Horsepower
- Axle Torque
- Acceleration (g’s)
- Air-Fuel-Ratio of your current setup
Here are 5 reasons to book a dyno power run:
- Find out how much horsepower and torque are you pushing at the wheels (WHP).
- Put a number (HP or torque gain) to the modifications you have done to your ride eg. intake, exhaust, gearbox or engine.
- Find out if your ride has any potential to gain power from tuning prior to committing to one.
- Find out how much have you gained from a recent a tune by a road tuner or ECU map loader to help you sleep better.
- For boasting privileges 😝
*Suitable for most 2WD and 4WD cars.